VIRUS - STRUCTURE AND CLASSIFICATION
VIRUS STRUCTURE AND CLASSIFICATION
- Virus are obligate intercellular organism
- sub microscopic entity consisting of a single nucleic acid surrounded by a protein coat and capable of replication only within the living cells
- size: 10-100 nm; 1/10th size of bacterium .
- shape: spherical
- genome material: DNA OR RNA; never both
- protective shell: capsid : Its made of any identical protein subunit they protect gentic material ,symmetrically organised.
- Envelope: lipid containing membrane that surrounds the virus particle located outside the capsid acquired during replication .
CLASSIFICATION OF VIRUS:
A) BASED ON MORPHOLOGY
C) MODE OF REPLICATION
THANKS FOR READING
NOTE:please feel free to comment down your valuable suggestion below .