hand instruments in operative dentistry -part 1
HAND INSTRUMENTS IN OPERATIVE DENTISTRY -PART 1
Instruments are small hand held device that are used for various procedure while treating a patient .
classification based on usage
A) EXPLORATORY INSTRUMENTS
C)NON CUTTING RESTORATIVE INSTRUMENTS
- In this post we while see about exploratory hand instrument used in operative dentistry along with hand written notes in detail.
- Mouth mirror :
- Diagnostic instrument,used to see areas of mouth not accessible with direct vision.
- diagnostic instrument ,consist of handle,shank,exploring tip
- uses:to detect carious lesion
- Probe :
- sharp pointed hand instrument
- uses: exploring lesion ,to detect demineralised dentin
- Dental Tweezers:
- diagnostic instrument it consist of 2 long arm and locking device
- uses:carrying things to and from mouth .