Cavity of larynx anatomy
CAVITY OF LARYNX
- Larynx extent: inlet of larynx to the cricoid cartilage
- ANTERIOR: epiglottis
- POSTERIOR; Interarytenoid fold
- Internal diameter : 3 mm upto 3 years and increases 1mm upto 12 years .
- Within cavity of larynx two folds are present .upper fold,vestibular and lower fold,vocal
- The space between vestibular fold is rima vestibule,vocal fold is rima glottis .
- Vocal fold is limited anterior by interarytenoid fold
- Rima is narrowest portion of larynx 23 mm in males and 17mm in female
HANDWRITTEN NOTES ON CAVITY OF LARYNX
REFER GOOGLE DIAGRAM TO SEE REAL IMAGE OF LARYNX
- Vestibular fold and vocal fold is dividing the cavity of larynx into three :
- Region above vestibular fold: vestibule, supraglottis.
- Region between vestibular fold and vocal fold: ventricle
- Region below vocal fold: infraglotis
- Sinus of morgagni lies between vestibular and vocal fold.
- Sinus of morgagni /ventricle of larynx extend anteriorly till the lamina of thyroid ,cartilage is known as saccule of larynx
- Saccule of larynx: oil can of larynx provide lubrication to voice as cavity lacks mucous membrane.
- Laryngeal melanosis refers to characteristic benign PIGMENTED lesion of laryngeal mucosa,its an unusual disorder that is associated with chronic tobacco please don't hesitate to visit a doctor if you are a chronic tobacco user , please stop using the habit to prevent from such disease.
Dentistry is not only learning about tooth decay,endodontics,yes i agree our primary focus is oral cavity but we do learn human anatomy especially head and neck anatomy as part of our first year.if you have been searching in google keep notes for a note website which has handwritten notes,good notes,you have landed in the right page . Do let us in the comment section if this post helped you with your preparation and please feel free to mail us at email@example.com for product endorsement and feedback regarding our post .