Reticuloendothelial system- Formation,Classification
- Reticuloendothelial system is also known as mononuclear phagocytic system
- Bone marrow ,monocyte circulate in blood for 3 days they attain maturity,ability to phagocytose gets converted to macrophage -tissue macrophage gets scattered in different body parts and collectively called "tissue-macrophage system'.
1)Endothelial lining of vascular and lymph node
2)Connective tissue and some organ like spleen ,liver,lungs,lymph node etc.
1) FIXED RETICULOENDOTHELIAL CELLS
1) FIXED RETICULOENDOTHELIAL CELLS:
- Location- tissue
Found in :
- Connective tissue : serous membrane of pleura
- Endothelium of blood of sinusoid; liver,spleen,lymph node
- Reticulum; spleen,lymph node
- Central nervous system :microglia
- Lungs: alveoli of lungs
2) WANDERING CELL:
B)IN SOLID TISSUE
- Only during emergency
- Connective tissue and other organs come to play
1)Role in inflammation and healing
2)Role in defense against bacteria
3) Role in immune response
4)Role in removal of old RBCs,WBCs and platelet.
CONTACT DETAILS :